Thursday, November 18, 2010

PE8_ToonDoo


I tried to create a simple comic strip to check in with my students to see if they know the difference between erosion and deposition. First, I went to Tools, and then clicked on ToonDoo maker. At which point available to change are: characters, backgrounds, props, text bubbles, brushmen (different themes), special (holidays, magic), clipart, and my galleries (saved work goes here). Each of these boxes when you click on them there are pages of images that you can select. Once you have selected a picture on the bottom of the page, there are several boxes to edit your picture. You can shrink, enlarge, clone, flip, rotate, move to front, move to back, and delete. This did not take to long to do once I had a topic in mind. On the top right of the page, there is a handy search box, which you can type in what you are looking for and it will pull up all of the images for that word. Then you just chose what image you would like. I think all students would benefit from this because it gives them choices. Especially, special education students who can just chose an image and drag it anywhere on the comic strip. Here is my finish comic. Compliments of ToonDoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment